Tuesday, March 29, 2016

FEAR....

I have a group of friends that I am in a bible study with. The past 5 weeks or so we have been studying issues that a lot of women have. For example : control issues, insecurity, comparison and fear are just a few issues some of us woman have. I have learned a lot through this study, not about just me but also about my friends in this group. You know one thing I learned? I am not the only one who struggles with some issues. Thank goodness!  :)
My biggest issue that I have is fear. I already knew I had a fear of heights. Just the other day our family went to a college big ten basketball game. As we are making our way up to our seats I notice my husband going higher and higher up. I had to stop at one point. My legs were shaking, my heart was racing, I was sweating, I was getting nausea  and I actually started tearing up. I didn't feel secure and I was having a full blown anxiety attack. I was too far up in the stadium and I was scared to death. By the time I finally got to the seats my husband looks at me and asks "are you ok?" Um, NO!! There was no way I was going to be able to sit there and watch that game. Thankfully we moved down about 20 rows. It was still high but not as high and I felt more secure.
During this bible study I learned fear of heights is not my only fear. I also have a fear of failure and rejection. I don't like to fail at anything. I mean honestly who does. I always put 100% into everything I do and when I fail at something I get mad at myself. I also don't like to be rejected by people. Feeling like someone is mad at me or doesn't like me just breaks my heart. I will be the first to tell you I am very sensitive and I get my feelings hurt very easy. But along this journey with Christ I have learned :
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore i will not fear. "
Psalm 46:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment