33 “No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house.
34 “Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is unhealthy, your body is filled with darkness. 35 Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. 36 If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light.”
So what do you think this means? To me, I interpret that it means the light is GOD, and if you have him in your heart you should shout it to the world. You should never hide the light. Never be ashamed of the light. When I started my journey with God I got this joy in heart. I was happy all the time. I normally am a happy person, but now it was just a little bit different. Now I wasn't going to let a bad day at work take my joy away. I wasn't going to let a co-workers bad attitude change the way my day was going, nor change my happiness. I just prayed that one day that co-worker would feel what I feel and then they would have this wonderful feeling of JOY in their heart just like me. Why should we let a chaotic day steal our happiness. Work can get so overwhelming. You can be short staffed, co-workers gossiping, no one doing their job. All these things can steal your joy. Don't allow that to happen to you. I at times did then one day I said enough is enough.
I also cry all the time as well. But it not a sad cry. It is this joyful cry. One thing I really enjoy is music. Both me and my husband love to listen to music. So naturally when we are at church we both are singing along to all the songs. Some of the songs gives me so much joy as I am singing them I will literally have tears streaming down my face as I sing.
I hope that others have this joy like I do. I pray that one day all my friends will have this light like I have. I want my friends heart to swell up with joy like mine does when I sing a song or read a scripture. So, friends if your reading this and if you have the light in your heart please be sure to let that light shine. Let it shine bright for all to see. Share your love for Christ to someone that doesn't have that same light. True joy can only be attained as part of the fruit of the spirt. It is that overwhelming sense of comfort and contentment that floods one’s soul. It is the thing that we have when we are walking with the Holy Spirit and mortifying the deeds of the flesh True Joy comes only when we are focused upon walking with the Lord and esteeming others. Since Joy is fruit of the Spirit it is a special gift that only the believer has.
They don't know what they are missing. But if we show off all of our happiness they are going to be curious. So get out there and let your light shine.
They don't know what they are missing. But if we show off all of our happiness they are going to be curious. So get out there and let your light shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment